Friday, January 25, 2013

Just a little thought.

I was thinking about what I wanted to write about today, and one thing crossed my mind......
thinking on 'what do I want young adult ladies to know...'
One thing crossed my mind.... have a spiritual guider.

I think it is so important to have someone that you can look up to, someone that you can confide in, someone that is spiritual, and that would be there for you no matter what.
(while this also is the same characteristics you should want in a spouse- I'm talking abut maybe a older adult, an older lady that knows her ropes, and maybe has been in the same 'shoes'... a mentor...)
I think this is so important in our lives, to help us in our spiritual walk.
With this person you can 'bounce' ideas off of them, and they may have some wonderful advice (about anything)
with this person you are able to connect with them, and are able to really communicate with them.
With this person you are able to see of how much 'In-Christ' they are...
WIth this person they are able to give you encouragement, but you are also to encourage them too.

I think this is so important if you are getting back into church, or just beginning in your faith, that way you are able to 'stay straight' and you are able to keep going on the path that you are going.

I encourage you to seek out that person, and pray for a mentor, if you do not have one already.

What do you think?
do you think having a mentor is a good thing, or could be a good thing?



- sorry this is such a short post, but I feel like I've said all that I needed to say :)

2 comments:

  1. Amen..I agree that we do need some older saints, those who have more experiences than we young people do, to guide us in our church life. Though our parents (or the spouse) are the most suitable for being a confidant, it is still good to have another saint to confide to. This is just like the goal of the small group meetings where everyone can participate to shepherd one another, young and old, in a pratical way.

    ReplyDelete