Saturday, July 6, 2013

Going where God leads

Wednesday was the last day at the office that I had been at for 2 years and 7 months.
I took the job figuring that it would be a short term job just to get me by for a little while, while I searched for other jobs, went to school and was still trying to figure out what exactly God had planned for me.
I did not gain a whole lot of skills while there, however I know that God had me there for a reason. My job was pretty simple. I ran errands, I scanned, shredded, and later  on helped out in the accounting department with a few little tasks. It was definitely different than my past experience and not using hardly any skills that I had learned. My first job that I had, I was trained greatly with doing administrative assistant type work and wore many hats in a small company. I was 19 at the time, and I was learning a lot. eventually I was laid off, and found myself folding clothes in the Juniors department at Dillard's Department store. eventually i found a job doing some data entry work for a large company, which eventually I bounced around from department to department, as a receptionist, performed surveys for customer service, I assisted the sales team, I was a marketing assistant, I went back to inventory and helped out with the inventory team ( I was "laid off" but they gave me the option to either join the inventory team or to take my severance and go..... I took the job.) after I was in the inventory I was asked to be the Legal department administrator, where I learned a lot, in a few short months, and then I was laid off again, this time for good. a few short weeks later I had two interviews, one to a local University, the other was to an office. I didn't get the job at the university, but i was offered the runner position at the office. I felt a calling in my heart a few months after I began working there to get into ministry. I began to realize that there are so many people in the world that really are so incredibly involved in the world and worldly was. And they do not believe in God, or maybe they do 'believe in God' but they do not follow through with demonstrating how Christians are intended to live. It began to bother me to great lengths. It was placed on my heart, around a year ago to write a book.
A book directed towards young adults that are involved in this world to such great extent. A generation who's faith has become stagnant, or non-existent.
I am extremely excited about the endeavors that are ahead of me.
I do know that God has been leading me in a fantastic direction, and I cannot wait to see where this goes.
I want to help people to know Christ, or have a better relationship, or something, instead of thinking that there are other things in life that are more important.
I cannot wait to see where God leads me.
Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment